Welcome to the Grand Ladies Site
• Notices and Definitions •
• New Content •
• Grand Ladies of the Farthingale Era - About 1480 to about 1620
• Grand Ladies of the Reigns of Louis XIII and Louis XIV - 1620 to 1715
• Grand Ladies of the 1700s •
• Grand Ladies of the Revolution, Empire, and Romantic Cycle - 1789 to 1836
• Grand Ladies of the "Early" "Victorian" Era - 1837 to 1870
• Grand Ladies of the Bustle Era
• Grand Ladies of the Belle Époque
Lady Elizabeth Percy (1636-1717), wife of Arthur Capel by Sir Peter Lely (Watford Museum - Watford, Herts UK)
A more mature Lady Elizabeth Percy reposes in casual elegance in this Lely portrait.
Keywords: Lely, Elizabeth Percy, Countess, Percy family, Capell family, British, long straight coiffure, scoop neckline, three quarter length puffed sleeves, slashed sleeves, chemise, necklace, clasp
Dec 10, 2010 4:57 PM
This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at: email@example.com.
[Back To Top]