Welcome to the Grand Ladies Site
• Notices and Definitions •
• New Content •
• Grand Ladies of the Farthingale Era - About 1480 to about 1620
• Grand Ladies of the Reigns of Louis XIII and Louis XIV - 1620 to 1715
• Grand Ladies of the 1700s •
• Grand Ladies of the Revolution, Empire, and Romantic Cycle - 1789 to 1836
• Grand Ladies of the "Early" "Victorian" Era - 1837 to 1870
• Grand Ladies of the Bustle Era
• Grand Ladies of the Belle Époque
Queen Hortense done in 1837
This 1836 print appears to be partially based on Gérard's 1806 portraits of Charlotte.
806, Gérard, Hortense de Beauharnais, Beauharnais family, Bonaparte family, Queen, curly coiffure, hair jewelry, square neckline, puffed cap sleeves, waist band, Empire waistline, bracelets, wrap
Nov 9, 2010 7:42 PM
This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Back To Top]