Welcome to the Grand Ladies Site
• Notices and Definitions •
• New Content •
• Grand Ladies of the Farthingale Era - About 1480 to about 1620
• Grand Ladies of the Reigns of Louis XIII and Louis XIV - 1620 to 1715
• Grand Ladies of the 1700s •
• Grand Ladies of the Revolution, Empire, and Romantic Cycle - 1789 to 1836
• Grand Ladies of the "Early" "Victorian" Era - 1837 to 1870
• Grand Ladies of the Bustle Era
• Grand Ladies of the Belle Époque
1766 Queen Charlotte by Johann Zoffany (Holburne Museum of Art, Bath UK)
Queen Charlotte provides an example of British evening dress in this 1766 Zoffany portrait.
Keywords: 1766, Zoffany, Queen Charlotte, Princess, Queen, Mecklenburg-Strelitz family, Welf family, British, high straight coiffure, square neckline, modesty piece, three quarter length tight sleeves, engageantes, bows, lace, revers, stomacher, ruching, full skirt, over-skirt, neck band, floral bodice ornament, bracelets, handkerchief
Dec 23, 2010, 11:11 PM
This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Back To Top]