Welcome to the Grand Ladies Site
• Notices and Definitions •
• New Content •
• Grand Ladies of the Farthingale Era - About 1480 to about 1620
• Grand Ladies of the Reigns of Louis XIII and Louis XIV - 1620 to 1715
• Grand Ladies of the 1700s •
• Grand Ladies of the Revolution, Empire, and Romantic Cycle - 1789 to 1836
• Grand Ladies of the "Early" "Victorian" Era - 1837 to 1870
• Grand Ladies of the Bustle Era
• Grand Ladies of the Belle Époque
Oval portrait of Louise Françoise de Bourbon, Duchess of Bourbon (daughter of Louis XIV) by ? (location unknown to gogm)
The Duchess' high coiffure in this undated portrait show it is from the Fontanges era.
Keywords: Louise Françoise de Bourbon, Princess, Bourbon family, French, high coiffure, chemise, scoop neckline, modesty piece, lace, trapezoidal neckline, frogging, stomacher, close sleeves, engageantes, clasps, wrap
Jun 8, 2012 1:42 PM
This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at: email@example.com.
[Back To Top]