1900-1901 Princess Maria Abamelek-Lazareva by Nikolai Bogdanov-Belsky (State Hermitage Museum - St. Petersburg, Russia)

The Alexander Palace Time Machine Discussion Forum has some information about her scattered through different threads. She was a member of the Italian-oriented Demidov family. One Demidov, Anatole, married Princess Mathilde Bonaparte. The family was said to be very wealthy and date back to the foundation of a Russian gun-making industry by a smithy enobled by Peter I. There is some biographical information about her here.

The Wikipedia article for her husband, Semyon Semyonovich Abamelik-Lazarev, is here. The Wikipedia article for her father, 2nd Prince of San Donato Pavel Pavlovich Demidov, shows that she was the daughter of Helene Petrovna Demidova, Princess of San Donato.

From history-of-fashion.tumblr.com.

1900-1901 Princess Maria Abamelek-Lazareva by Nikolai Bogdanov-Belsky (State Hermitage Museum - St. Petersburg, Russia) From history-of-fashion.tumblr.com

Beads enhance the allure of Maria's otherwise bare shoulders. The next image and this one show Maria liked black.

Keywords:  1900, Bogdanov-Belsky, Maria Abamelek-Lazareva, Moina Abamelek-Lazareva, Moina Demidova, Princess, Russian, straight coiffure, bun, jeweled floral hair ornament, earrings, necklace, pouter pigeon bodice, strap sleeves, bracelets, rings, floral bodice ornament, close skirt, shoes

This site is for educational and information use. It is open for downloading and use without charge. I only ask that these images not be used for profit! I can be contacted at:  contactme@gogmsite.net.